Essential Somatics: Free Your Movement Retreat.
with Martha Peterson
Learning how to move with freedom and ease starts with an awareness of where you may hold unconscious and habituated tension. Our everyday movement habits and reflexive responses to stress can gradually contribute to an excess of tension in our bodies that gets in the way of feeling fully connected, balanced, and in control of ourselves. This tension changes the way we perceive ourselves and how we are in the world.
Come discover missing link information and gentle somatic practices that will move you towards a more self-actualized life. Leave with simple tools that will prepare you to move better in everything you do as you create a more comfortable connection to your body and in your life.
About the Retreat
What will I learn?
Through inspiring discussions, movement sessions, and interactive participation you will learn critical, missing link information that will leave you feeling lighter and brighter, with a renewed sense of awareness of yourself.
– Learn how your habitual responses to stress may contribute to chronic pain and muscle tension (Sensory Motor Amnesia), and how it presents in 3 universal stress reflex patterns of muscular holding
– Apply this understanding as you explore how to improve your relationship with your body and your movement
– Experience the technique of pandiculation in order to restore optimum muscle function, calm your nervous system, and improve your voluntary muscle control
– Explore a basic routine of easy, safe, and profoundly effective Somatic Movements that, when practiced daily, improve self-awareness, maintain flexibility, eliminate chronic tension, improve balance, and prepare you to move better in your favorite activity.
– Discover a new perspective on how your body works and how you can expand your movement possibilities and learning for the rest of your life
Monday–Friday (schedule subject to change)
10:00am–1:00pm Mid-Morning session including Somatic Movement Class, discussion, and feedback
Afternoon free time to explore, swim, hike
5:00–6:00pm Early evening Somatic Movement practice
Friday May 27
7:30–8:30pm Closing Circle
What should I bring:
– Loose, comfortable clothing that you can move in for Somatic Movement class (no jeans/skirts/dresses)
– Casual clothes for after class
– Beach/Sport towel. Towels are provided for showers and pools only.
– Swimsuit. There is an on-site salt-water pool large enough for comfortable laps and leisure swimming.
– Walking shoes or strong sandals. These are recommended if you want to take advantage of the walks around Molino de Santillan.
– Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes
– Personal stash of face masks
– Your enthusiasm to connect, learn, and explore!
– Optional: Yoga mat. Centro Santillan provides yoga mats, but for hygiene reasons or for extra comfort you may want to bring your own.
– Strongly encouraged: At-home antigen testing kits (at least 3-4 tests per person). Binax Now is recommended. It is recommended the entire group self-test one day and four days after arrival
Essential Somatics: Free Your Movement Retreat:
This price includes: the cost of attendance at the retreat only.
Don’t forget to book also accommodation!
Accommodation and meals:
€725 twin shared place
€675 triple shared place
€950 single room
This Price includes: accommodation, meals, unlimited coffee, tea & water, yoga studio and props use and exclusivity venue for the training.
Don’t forget to book also your training!
How to enroll:
1. Register for your retreat
Click ‘Book Now the Training’ button, fill out the form, then proceed to your Cart to complete the checkout process. You must submit payment in order register for this retreat!
Please contact Essential Somatics with any questions you may have about the registration process.
2. Book your Lodging
You are expected to:
Pay the total amount in advance OR
Pay 50% in advance and 50% in cash Euros upon arrival.
Non-Euro currency will not be accepted.